Thursday, September 17, 2009

I've been terrible

I know I haven't posted in FOREVER but I have my reasons/ excuses :)

First and foremost because I have not posted about it yet - I have a new job. I am the new marketing assistant at Faegre & Benson, the largest law firm in MN. I started the day after my birthday and so far I'm loving it. I'm working downtown in a lovely skyscraper just a few blocks from Dale (we've already had lunch together and plan to do it weekly). Of course there has to be a catch of some sort when something this wonderful happens. I am only a temporary marketing assistant in that I'm only guaranteed work until January. I am coming onto the team to cover for a young woman who is going on maternity leave until January. I've already made it clear to my boss Adam Severson, director of marketing and business development that I'm going to do everything I can to make the department fall in love with me so they won't want me to leave in January.

So I have my moments of panic when I think I might be looking for a job again in January, but right now I've got bigger things to worry about - like the WEDDING. It is less than 2 months away (my heart just sped up thinking about it). There is SO much to do. I'm starting to stress a little bit.

I'm going to Texas next weekend for bridal portraits, bridal shower, and final decisions. I'm meeting my wedding planner for the first time and hopefully confirm all the final details. Poor Dale has been putting up with my crazy moods about the wedding - one moment I'm excited and carefree and the next I'm anxious and a nag, but he's great and that's why I'm marrying him.



Also in other news, my lovely bridesmaids came to visit me
on Labor Day weekend (my birthday) except for Bethany who couldn't make it. But we did not forget her and brought her in spirit (look at the pictures carefully). We talked, ate, and drank a lot. It was wonderful and made me miss Texas very much. It was really nice having everyone one in the same room, and I could not have asked for a better way to celebrate marriage and birthday in weekend.

These are some pictures from that lovely weekend (really just from Saturday night in which we experienced corn dog sushi).
So bear with me when I don't post for a while. I'm dealing with a new job and a wedding. It's exciting stuff.

1 comment:

  1. hoooooraaaaay. :)

    I love Magnolia! I cant wait to meet her!

    Love ya,
    Corey

    ReplyDelete