Friday, July 24, 2009

I have a JOB....well kinda

I met with the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra today about an internship....and they hired me!!

I'm SUPER excited about it, because I'll be doing the kind of work I've been wanting to do- internal communications, media relations, writing, some events, etc. However, it is unpaid, but I know this is a good thing and will be worth it in the long run.

I'll finally have a schedule again and a CUBE...I never thought I'd miss having a cube, but man I cannot wait to start working in an office environment again. And I may even be starting as early as next week...woo-hoo!

It's in a historic building in downtown Saint Paul, two blocks from the Mississippi. So I'm beyond excited. I will have to find another supplemental job to help pay bills (and for the parking in St. Paul..ugh), but I'm definitely going to be more picky this time. I'm hoping I can find something in a bookstore or museum gift shop....something along those lines.

Anywho, I just wanted to bring you up to speed. Two more shifts at Target, and then I'm done! Hope you're having a stupendous Friday :)

P.S. All the ladies have booked their flights for the bridesmaids' weekend (Labor Day weekend) so the planning can begin! What to eat? what to do? what to drink? I'm in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment