Thursday, August 13, 2009

Theatre Latte Da

Happy Thursday! I am taking a short break at SPCO from some data entry work, and I feel like my eyes my start bleeding - but I'm not complaining. It's great to be in an office again. So on Monday I had an informational interview with the managing director of a small musical theatre here in Minneapolis called Theatre Latte Da. I met her accidently the week before at a Starbucks where I was meeting one of her old colleagues at Artspace. She came by our table and said hello, and then the person I was meeting with insisted I meet with her as well because of her connections and career. So we met on Monday and really hit off, and she's currently looking for an office manager. At first, I wasn't that interested to being an admin, but then when she began describing everything involved with the role, I realized that I would be more her assistant than admin. Also, the role has the opportunity to really take on the marketing/ pr/ development part of the business. Well I interviewed with her more formally yesterday for the position, and I think it went well, but I just never know anymore. So to cut to the chase - I am waiting on a phone call. She told me she would make a decision by Friday and would call me either way (which I have heard before but I think I really believe her).



So we'll see. Krupa is coming in to town on Friday for a wedding. Exciting! We're planning to grab some drinks on Friday and maybe hang by the lake on Sat. I tried on my wedding dress on Wed and love it more and more each time I see it. I'm hoping I'll be a little more toned by the time the wedding rolls around (I say this as I munch on a muffin...irony). So that's what's going on here. It finally feels like summer here. It is 90 degrees today and humid. I have to say while it's nice I'm really looking forward to fall.



Happy Thursday !

No comments:

Post a Comment