Thursday, February 12, 2009

oooh...Craving


I'm watching an episode of Gilmore Girls and craving a plate of Thanksgiving dinner. Why do I always crave holiday food during the wrong season?


Yesterday I went to a PRSA networking event. Right before heading to the restaurant, I almost convinced myself not to go. If you have ever been to one of these things, you can understand how awkward and uncomfortable they can be. However, they can also be really great if you talk to people you click with. I was feeling drained from visiting bookstores yesterday (I was applying for part-time jobs) and didn't really have the energy. I knew I would be mad at myself if I didn't go so I forced myself, and now I'm REALLY glad I went. I met a lot of really great helpful people. I seem to always forget that everyone wants to help me find a job. No one is ever going to say "That sucks, good luck finding something." People always genuinely try to help, and it makes me feel so good to know human kind is so kind. I feel like we take for granted how giving people can be.


So today, I am going to spend my time following up with the people I met and looking at some of the job postings/ web sites people recommended. This afternoon I'll be heading over to Mall of America and the Southdale Mall to apply at some stores there (Gap and Barnes and Noble) so wish me luck!