Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Better Days... :)

Yesterday is behind me, and I am plowing forward. I don't think I rave about Dale enough - so supportive. I called him right before going into Target yesterday and had a complete meltdown - crying on the corner of 9th and Hennepin. Dale did enough encouraging and enough pitying to make me feel better and pull myself together to go to work.

So today, I am emailing and calling up a storm. I feel like a real adult today because I just pitched an idea to a potential employer. I pitched some freelance work with a timeline and price tag attached (of course the price is $0), but hopefully, the potential employer will be excited and bring me on for a while (like an intern) and fall in love with me.

Even if it doesn't pan out, at least I'm taking more control of the situation. I feel like I'm actually DOING something.

Anywho, I've been reconnecting with some old friends. Becky is working in Houston, and she and I have been emailing each other. She is lovely. I absolutely LOVE her and hope we can arrange for her to fly up here soon. I need to call Rich White who has just moved to Dallas to start his new job. I need to find out he's doing, but as I'm sure you know, I'm TERRIBLE at calling people.

Wedding news - wedding dress fitting on Monday, bridal shower in Madisonville some time in September/ October (YAAAAAAY!), bridesmaid/bachelorette weekend on Labor Day weekend, invitations are almost done, Dale and I are deciding the honeymoon place this week (Dale if you are reading this - THIS WEEK), invitation list is almost done, and engagement pics next weekend....exciting.

So you see, I just had to get through yesterday :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Glad you're doing better :)

    By the way, I got your presents in the mail and they are AWESOME. Thanks pretty lady! I'm also already counting down to labor day weekend...I may wait until next month to buy tickets since we're splurging a little on an anniversary trip in a few weeks. EEEE can't wait!

    ReplyDelete