Monday, January 19, 2009

Boredom

So the last couple days I have been sick of not having a job. I am very ready to have a routine again. I kinda have one now, but from 10 am to 4 pm there isn't really a schedule. While I am ready to have a job and contribute to society and my family's finances, I don't want just any job. I don't mind a job where I have to "pay my dues," but I want a job that is working toward an overall career....makes me feel overwhelmed just thinking about it.

I have been reading this book (which I HIGHLY recommend), and it really stresses the importance of getting a job that is working toward your overall goal. Unfortunately, THAT is what I have to figure out.

Where do I see myself in ten years?

I want to have an advanced degree by that time, gained some managerial experience,....in what...I'm not sure. I keep playing with the idea of getting into publishing/ editing and eventually teaching at the university level, but then I worry that I will hate it once I get into it. Too bad, graduate school isn't free.

Anywho, I DO recommend that everyone between the ages of 22-35 should read this book. I bought it thinking I would just use it as a reference book and it would be too "preachy," but I was completely wrong and am reading it cover to cover. It has really practical information....good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment